First of all I want to wish you a very merry Christmas and happy New Year!
I think there is something exciting about the New Year as it is a time to forget and learn from our mistakes in the past year while setting brand new goals for the coming year.
Now when it comes to “resolutions” there is a statistic that says that 92% of people that set a goal in the new year never accomplish it.
NINETY TWO PERCENT!!!
That’s a high percentage for sure…but while most people focus on the 92%, this year CrossFit Oconee wants to focus on the other 8%.
Why is it that 8% of people who set a goal for themselves in 2017 were able to stick with it and accomplish it while the vast majority of people fail?
Well…there are 3 main reasons:
1. They make their goal public: When you have a specific goal be it health, personal or business…it is really easy to back away from it or not accomplish when you keep it to yourself.
However, when you make it public and tell your friends, post it on social media, etc…you are now on the hook to accomplish that goal. Accountability is a power tool.
2. They write it down: At the beginning of each year I sit down and write out my big picture of goals for the coming year.
I make this list visible wherever I am…on all of my computers, in my home and work office…everywhere.
Even if you have to tape a copy to your mirrors in your bathroom…do it. Seeing your goals written down on a daily basis will motivate you to get them done. There is something powerful about physically writing your goal down on pen and paper.
3. They ask for help: If I want to accomplish a goal and I’m not quite sure how to do it myself or I want to stay accountable to it…I always ask for help or get a coach.
By being accountable to someone it will boost the likelihood that you’ll accomplish that goal significantly.
Now whatever your goal is this year for you personally…if you follow those 3 steps you will be well on your way to being part of that 8%.
I want to see you crush it in your life this year so if there is anything that we can do to help..never hesitate to ask!
If your 2018 goal is getting healthy and learning how to take control of your nutrition and fitness we would be honored to help you reach and surpass those goals!